Name on Russian: Южный.
The village of Yuzhny does not exist at present time. March 31, 1958 the village merged the city of Brest.
Earlier in its place was a private estate of the Kamenetz-Zhirovitsky volost of the Brest district. At the beginning of the 20th century, the military department bought the land for the construction of the summer barracks of the fortress garrison. In 1922 - 1939 on the site of the barracks, a military town was built of brick houses. After 1939, the village was part of the Pugachevsky, then Gershonsky village council of the Brest region.