The town of David-Gorodok was founded by the prince of Volyn (supposed), who owned since 1000 by land of Pogoryn (lands neighbouring to river of Goryn, tributary of Pripyat).
Turov and Pinsk were besieged by troops of princes of Volyn, Smolensk, Galich and others
headed by the prince of Kiev Izyaslav Davidovich. The siege lasted for 10 weeks. It was the longest
siege in the history of Kievskaya Rus.
The Pinsk princedom was separated from the Turov princedom. First princes were
Yaroslav (1183-1189) and Yaropolk (1190).