Saki, Grodno Gubernia, Brest

Harry Kozell

Saki, Grodno Gubernia, Brest

Post by Harry Kozell » 18 Oct 2005, 22:13

I am looking for information about "Grigori Kosiol" who came from Saki to the USA in 1912. He listed his mother as "Agafia Kosiol". He came with the following persons:

Artim Sawonink-Saki
Prokofy Wolosky-Saki
Pavel Butczuk-Racik
Pavel Woroby-Saki

all travelling to Avoca/Pittston, Pa. I would appreciate any info about any of these persons.

Harry Kozell

Great-Grand Parents

Post by Harry Kozell » 22 Jun 2006, 20:05

Dear Sirs:
I am looking for any church in or near the village of "SAKI" which is approximately 25 kilometers east of Brest. My grandfather's name was Grigori Kosiol and his mother's name was Agafia Kosiol, he came to the USA, but she stayed in Russia (Belarus) any help to locate a church that could possibilly help me to locate relatives or records of marriage, etc. would be fantastic.
Thanks for the time and effort.

Harry Kozell

Harry Kozell

Kosiol Family from Saki

Post by Harry Kozell » 17 Aug 2010, 23:37

I am looking for any information about my family. My grandfather came from a village called Saki, near Brest, now in Belarus. He came to the US in April of 1912 with a man named Prokofy Wolosky who came from a village named Racki which is close to Saki, they were going to see John Butczuk of Avoca, Pa. Three other men from Saki, Pavel Butczuk,Artim Sawonink and Pavel Woroby all came from Saki, but on a different ship.
My grandfather's parents were Agafia and Samuel Kosiol. Any info would be greatly appreciated about any of these gentlemen.

Alice Scott

Re: Saki, Grodno Gubernia, Brest

Post by Alice Scott » 25 Aug 2010, 14:05

Hi Harry,

I have a great-grandmother Marion Koziol married to Pawel Karpinczyk in Zaluze, Grodno region in the late 1800s. I don't know much about the family yet but am trying to research them. Hope to be able to post more info at a later date.

Alice

Harry Kozell

Post by Harry Kozell » 20 Aug 2011, 19:01

Dear Alice:
Just saw your post, maybe we are related, I am still searching for more info. Please keep in touch.
Best regards,
Harry

Harry Kozell

Post by Harry Kozell » 09 Dec 2011, 19:30

Hello:
Still hoping to find out anything about Grigori Kosiol (Koziol) from Saki outside of Brest in now Belarus.
Thanks,

Hania

Post by Hania » 05 Jul 2012, 19:04

Many villagers have moved to larger towns and cities for economic reasons. One Koziol listed in Brest . Find someone who speaks Russia and make the call.

У. Н. Козиол
Интернациональная Ул. (Int'l Street)
Telephone: your intl exit code+(375)-162-201551

Harry Kozell

Post by Harry Kozell » 25 Jan 2013, 20:31

Dear Hania:
Unfortunately I don't know anyone who speaks Russian, but it could be a big lead as Brest is very close to Saki.
Thanks for all the help.
Harry Kozell