Looking for relatives of Paulina Chodat Szaplak

Walter

Looking for relatives of Paulina Chodat Szaplak

Post by Walter » 31 Mar 2013, 09:59

Hello,

I am looking for information about relatives of my grandmother, Paulina Chodat Szaplak. She is from the village of Marki, in the Pinsk district. However, I cannot find Marki on any modern or old maps, nor did I see its name change on this website. I don't know if this was one of the villages destroyed by the Soviets or Germans or its name was changed to a totally different name. My grandmother said that she lost her parents in a fire started by invading troops when she was young. She was then taken to Germany for forced labor. She told us she spent some time on a farm under a kindly German family that wished to adopt her, but she instead went to England and met my grandfather, who was also there at a Polish displaced persons camp. They both immigrated to New York. She does not like to speak about this time in her life nor has she ever gone back to Poland/Belarus. She says she doesn't have anyone left but we think there must be relatives that remained in the area. Any help or information would be very much appreciated.