Kisiel Family in Baranovichi

Tony Kissel

Kisiel Family in Baranovichi

Post by Tony Kissel » 25 Mar 2012, 16:58

My grandparents were Piotr Kisiel and Michalina Terachowich Kisiel and they left Moling in 1913 for America. Piotr's father was Michael Kiesiel from Crestuda. Michalina's mother's name was Isabella Terachowich.

In 1921, Piotr returned to get his daughter Anna and he lived in Baranoviche briefly. He gave Anna's village name as Batruska on the 1913 ship manifest and it appears that he or Michalina hand wrote it for the authorities.

I need help locating these villages.

Tony Kissel

Re: Kisiel Family in Baranovichi

Post by Tony Kissel » 22 Apr 2012, 21:35

A followup to my post - I think the village was actually Volna. Some sources indicate the village of Wolny eventually was called Volny, and now it is Volna. This village is 20 to 25 km northeast of Baranovichy on the way to Minsk.

Tony Kissel

Post by Tony Kissel » 29 Nov 2018, 23:01

Peter's Naturalization Records show that Batruska turns out to be Babruysk, or Bobruisk today. Peter and Lena were married in Chromcy near Minsk in 1903 or 1905. The Baranowicze that Peter and Anna emigrated is a small village near Bobruisk. I still have no idea where Crestuda is.

TonyK

Post by TonyK » 11 Dec 2021, 19:50

Another update: I located a Jakub Terechowich buried in the Choromtsy Cemetery. My ancestors attended church in that village while living in Rozhanov. The Terechowich family had been in the Polish Boyary social group and lived in either the Wieleszyn or Teledowicze manors near Niaswizh in the Sluck region. Supposedly they helped build the Niaswizh Castle according to one historian.

They converted from greek-catholic to roman-catholic in the 1800's. Jakub Terechowich moved from the Sluck region in the 1860's to the Malyn manor located south of Bobruisk. In 1920-1921, those Kisiel's and Terechowich's remaining in Rozhanov were all murdered by the Bolsheviks and the bodies were dumped into a large hole with the bodies of their neighbors.

If anyone knows how I can learn more about them I would greatly appreciate it!

Tony Kissel