Back   Home   List   Renamed   Disappeared   Rules   History   Messages   Forum   Pictures   Links   Guestbook   End

Disappeared Villages.

German punitive expedition is burning down the village of VyadoYou'll never find many of the old villages on modern maps of the region. Some villages merged to larger villages or towns, others were destroyed during wars. For exapmle, during the World War II there were burned down 628 villages by punitive expeditions only. 186 villages were not rebuilt after the war.

German punitive expedition is burning down the village of Vyado. Sep 15, 1942.    


  Name  Cause
AbramovichiThe village was merged to Zhabinka.
AlbrekhtovoThe village was merged to Pinsk.
BaykiThe village was burned down by German troops in September of 1941. It was located 3 miles to the East of Krinitsa.
BeryozovkaThe village was merged to Brest in 1968.
Bol. MatveyevichiThe village was merged with the village of Mal. Matveyevichi and renamed to Matveyevichi in 1972.
DremlyovoThe village (43 homesteads) was burned down by German troops in Sep 1, 1942. It was located about 0.5 mile to the East of Stepanki. 286 people were killed and burned down.
Dziady (Dedy)The village was burned down by German punitive expedition in 1942. It was located 1 mile to the North of Bronnaya Gora.
GabrielinThe village was located between Malech and Kabaki.
GirovoThe village was merged to Baranovichi in 1890's.
GoroshinyThe village was located near Brest.
GraevkaThe village was merged to Brest in 1929.
GurkaThe village was located not far from Zakozel.
GurkiThe village was located not far from Rataychitsy.
Guta-MikhalinThe village was demolished during Soviet period in military purposes. It was situated to the North of Beryoza.
KachanyThe village was burned down by German troops in 1941. It was located 2 miles to the West of Krinitsa.
KhomnoThe village (21 homesteads) was burned down by German troops in 1943. It was located 2 miles to the West of Linovo.
KievkaThe village was merged to Brest in 1929.
KolbikiThe village was located not far from Remel.
KolpenitsaThe village was merged to Baranovichi in 1880's.
KonstantinovoThe village (35 homesteads) was burned down by German troops in Jul 8, 1944. It was located not far from the village of Volya. All the inhabitants (175 persons) were taken away to Germany. Nobody returned.
KrasnitsaThe village (16 homesteads) was burned down by German punitive expedition in 1942. It was located 2 miles to the West of Vygonoshchi. 90 people were killed.
LaskiThe village was merged to Malorita in 1967.
LokhozvaThe village was located not far from Polonka.
LozkiThe village (12 homesteads) was burned down by German troops in September of 1941. It was located 3 miles to the East of Krinitsa.
LozovoThe village was demolished during Soviet period in military purposes. It was situated to the North-West of Beryoza.
Malaya Gat'The village was located not far from Svyataya Volya.
Mal. MatveyevichiThe village was merged with the village of Bol. Matveyevichi and renamed to Matveyevichi in 1972.
MerachyovshchinaThe village was merged to Kossovo.
MogilnoThe village was merged to Ivanovo in 1970.
MyshitsyThe village was merged to Zhabinka.
NespokoychitsyThe village was merged to Zhabinka.
OlesetsThe village was merged to Yastrebel, Bereza district in late 1950's.
OryolThe village (12 homesteads) was burned down by German troops in Dec 22, 1942. It was located 0.5 mile to the South of Lipniki. 18 people were killed.
PavlyukovshchinaThe village was merged to the village of Zharskie in 1972.
PnyukhiThe village was merged to the village of Psyshchevo.
Pobezhin (Pobiezhino)The village was flooded during the Selets reservoir building.
PodsokolieThe village was merged to the village of Bol. Gorodishche.
RazvodovoThe village was merged to Baranovichi in 1890's.
RechitsaThe village was merged to Brest in 1968.
RybnikiThe village was demolished during Soviet period in military purposes. It was situated to the North-West of Beryoza.
SamoylovichiThe village was merged to Beryoza in 1990's.
SmolyarnyaThe village was located not far from Mikashevichi.
SukachiThe village was merged to Lesniki.
SvetilovichiThe village was merged to Baranovichi in 1956.
TupichitsyThe village (43 homesteads) was burned down by German punitive expedition in 1942. It was located about 2.5 miles to the North-West of Bobrovichi. About 140 people were killed.
VolynkaThe village was merged to Brest.
VyadoThe village was burned down by German punitive expedition in Sep 15, 1942. It was located about 3 miles to the North-West of Bobrovichi. All the inhabitants were burned down.
VyderkaThe village (35 homesteads) was burned down by German troops in 1943. It was located 2.5 miles to the South of Oranchitsy.
ZakalieThe village was merged to the village of Psyshchevo.
Zelyonaya BudaThe village (15 homesteads) was burned down by German troops in Oct 9, 1942. It was located 3 miles to the South of Antonovo. 28 people were shoot down.


Back   Home   List   Renamed   Disappeared   Rules   History   Messages   Forum   Pictures   Links   Guestbook   up